Hope you all had a lovely Valentines day yesterday. Dave very kindly gave me a vase of purple tulips, a hip flask (mmm… brandy. Things could get interesting down on the plot now) and he has pledged a days work down on the allotment! Many thanks lover. I’ll go easy on you. In return I cooked dinner. It wasn’t as nice as Wild Burro’s Val dinner, but it was tasty. Fillet steak with dauphinoise potatoes.
- Slice and par boil potatoes
- Layer them in a oven proof dish adding chopped onion, garlic, grated parmesan cheese, chopped thyme and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Pour over single cream.
- Bung in the oven till the potatoes are cooked.
I was so pleased with the pots I took a photo.
I also created a brand new cocktail. (chances are it exists somewhere, but it’s mine now) I call it The Mildew. You make it thus:
- 1 part vodka
- 1 part gin
- 2 parts cranberry juice
- fresh lime juice to taste
- Shake with ice, pour into a martini glass and top up with tonic water. It’s quite nice.
Filed under: Food |